Emmanuel Maiguwa G. (EMG)
Emmanuel Maiguwa G. (EMG) is a maritime professional with over 19 years’ experience within the Marine Oil and Gas industry, and exceptional skills in Maritime Security, International Safety Management (ISM) code, International Shipping Operations, Ports Operations, Maritime Regulatory frameworks and SOPs, Ship/Cargo Operations/Monitoring, and logistics.
Mr. Maiguwa holds Academic Qualification and Certification from the following institutions:
• MSc. in Security Studies from London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
• Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Insurance Law & Practice from World Maritime University, Malmo Sweden
• Higher National Diploma in Maritime Transport and Business Mgt. From the Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron.
• A Diploma in Ship Superintendency from the Lloyds Maritime Academy, UK
• Certificate in Maritime Security from Lloyds Maritime Academy, UK
He successfully established BRICKS MURSTEN MATTONI LIMITED, formerly BRITANIC MARITIME LTD, a company that has gone on to thrive within the maritime industry over the last decade, deriving advantage from careful monitoring and control systems put in place.
He played an instrumental role as a resource person to the Nigerian Navy on the first widely adopted MOU between Private Maritime Security Companies (PMSC’s) and the Nigerian Navy in 2013.
In addition to running BRICKS, Emmanuel Maiguwa actively provides consultancy services on mechanisms and models for better Maritime Security in Nigeria and GoG, monitoring various operations for control and addressing revenue leakages.
He has so far published the following:
• Ship Operational Expenses (OPEX) – Ship Managers Handbook (https://brickslimited.com/the-ship-managers-handbook-by-emmanuel-maiguwa/).
• Effect of Organised Crime Activities on Nigerian Economy: Case Study of Maritime Piracy.
• Counter-Terrorism measured against Boko Haram (BH) – Article.
• Boko Haram: Terrorist Movement in Nigeria – Article.
• Causes of Violent Extremism and Radicalization that Leads to Terrorism – Boko Haram Case Study – Article.
Furthermore, Mr. Maiguwa belongs to and holds critical positions in the following professional Associations.
• President – Maritime Security Providers Association of Nigeria (MASPAN)
• President – Alumni of Maritime Academy of Nigerian, Oron (AMANO)
• Member – Chartered Institute of Transport and Administration (CIOTA)
• Member – International Association of Maritime Security Professionals (IAMSP)
• Member – International Association of Marine Consultants (IAMC)
• Member – Chartered Institute of Transport and Logistics (CILT)
• Member – International Federation of Ship Masters
• Member – Independent panel of assessment, NIMASA SCORECARD 2020-2021
• Member – Nigerian P&I Establishment Committee
Mr. Maiguwa is happily married to Barr. Naomi Gankino-Maiguwa and blessed with a daughter Gianna Gankino-Maiguwa.